Friday, January 9, 2009

Diversity- it's what makes people conquer other people.


Ok sooooooo i'm bored and have tons of stuff on my mind, first new music. Trespassers Willam Livi.... if you read this, I think you will lick the Different Stars album. Good music with a singer thats more of a siren, although they are NOT for raising hell, crazy driving, or shakin tail. Also another awesomeness is not only this song (What else is there? by Royksopp), but their weirdo music video that's so artsy?eerie?drug induced?? I don't know why, but I think it's awesome. Speakin of Royksopp thier other songs on my playlist are Only this moment & Remind me (geico commercial) hmmmm what else...... ohhhhh yeah, So Fight Club is one of my favorite movies and there's a song at the end that isnt on the soundtrack but I friggin found it! It's a Pixies song called Where is my mind and it's so good it makes me want to go punch Brad Pitt in the ear. For the head bobbers there's Dr. Octagon MGMT 1 & 2 Another pretty chill bunch is Cary Brothers: Who you are album. Unlike the Jonas Brothers they don't suck..... sorry if you like the latter (no I'm actually not, I'd rather eat glass or even onions than hear them again) For my amigos that like the club youve got Andy Duguid, Oceanlab 1 & 2, Motorcycle, Felix, Above and Beyond (Tri-state remix & Anjunjabeats albums) and of course Tiesto.. thats enough of that genre. Right now I'm into chill music thats mostly just music, as in no lyrics. These are my "introspective" recommendations..... Sigur Ros, The Fountain (soundtrack by Clint Mansell <---- all his stuff is good), Secret Garden, Explosions in the Sky 1 & 2, Hans Zimmer's collective works (soundtrack master), The Piano (soundtrack by Michael Nyman)........ that should keep you busy if youre interested. And this is just scratchin the surface suckas!! I wasnt kidding two posts ago about how much I love music. So be thou satisfied, I tried to diversify the selection (sorry crap lovers Dr. Octagon is as close as i'll ever get, and scremo/emo is for dudes that wear tapered pants and wear thier hair across their face like a japanese cartoon) if you like something let me know, if you don't... shut your face!! ahahhahaha Anyways I think its about time I got religious on this thing, heck I might even add this to my daily ritual. In case you forget: I am the coolest person you know. If you disagree take it up with my friends they'll set you straight..... hasta luego amigos!


p.s. I'm going to see Gran Turino tonight and I can't effffing wait to see Clint Eastwood be a badass bigot that falls to the might of the Asian Persuasion

3 comments:

Pocahontas said...

Well, look who it is, Matt Stanley! Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog. I would just like to say Spokane got like 40 inches in a week, half of which were within 24 hours! OK so maybe that isn't a ton, but it was for us.

Oh yeah, nice post. Maybe I will listen to some of your suggestions or maybe I will just copy that first picture and put it as my wallpaper...

Pocahontas said...

P.S. that red head has a really high set butt crack!

RubyVillain said...

I love The Piano! I have the sheet music and my favorite to play is The Promise/ The Heart Asks Pleasure First.

I must say, sir, that I am again impressed. You have Rachel Yamagata and Pete Yorn in your list at the bottom. Very cool. And random fact, but about half of the songs you have down there are songs on my "Songs to Make Out to" playlist. TMI? Whatev, it's all good. :)