Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Patience


Below is the definition of Patience-
1. the quality of being patient, as the bearing of provocation, annoyance, misfortune, or pain, without complaint, loss of temper, irritation, or the like.
2. an ability or willingness to suppress restlessness or annoyance when confronted with delay: to have patience with a slow learner.
3. quiet, steady perseverance; even-tempered care; diligence: to work with patience.

I would like to think I have lots of this... and in some respect I do... but lately i've been realizing that I suck at being patient. Good things come to those who wait, patience is a virtue, blah blah blah.... it's so hard to be patient! even when you know its the right thing to do, or that it will eventually happen.... it's that sense of entitlement that causes the hardship.... and as much as you would like to think you're patient... once you get that panicked feeling where you think the world is crumbling and you're about to give in, thats when you need to suck it up and flex all your muscles like Bruce-frickin-Lee, adopt the stoneface ironheart style & reasses the situation. If it's meant to happen... it will. Gods concept of time sure as crap isnt ours and sometimes days turn into months, and months then turn into years, but surrendering your will & desires (even righteous ones) is neccesary to realize your full potential. Its not our place to make demands, just accept blessings & hope for the best. I find that when I'm trying my hardest (or feel like I am) is when I have the hardest time. Its like climbing a huge cliff & getting to the top only to realize the "top" is the bottom of another cliff. BUT! the true comfort lies in turning around and looking at the view from the one you just scaled... sure it could be a nice view or has scary things that happened on that particular climb, but its also being able to turn back around, face that new obstacle & start climbing again instead of dwelling on your last one entirely (you can't forget or you'll repeat mistakes, duh). There may never be a "top" to the cliffs but the view will get clearer & clearer as you go up & the climb will get easier as you learn to look out for things that previously caused hardship or struggles. Zen masters have it right... through meditation we can resolve our issues if we are willing to confront them head-on & face the reality of ourselves. We are not perfect.... (and if you think you are, I know this guy named Jesus that'll tell you otherwise) but how many people are able to slay their own demons & accept that they have flaws? most of us have to have them pointed out by other people.... Introspective personal analysis is difficult but when you reach the point where you can see & alter the natural man inside yourself, it's my belief that you are starting to get the big picture... (p.s. LDS people call meditation "pondering" but its the same freakin thing). Now I'm not sayin sit around all day & think about how messed up you are... I'm just saying if you aren't happy, you're the only one that really knows why & how to go about fixin it. So take a seat, open your mind & start slaying your dragons. It takes patience & resolve, I know this because sometimes it takes me years to overcome my own issues, but there's an inner peace knowing that you are the master of your mind & can change yourself if you want to. anyways this is a rambler but yeah.... once again i'm reminded who's timeframe i'm on (not mine) soooo until then i gotta keep climbing cliffs & practicing my Zen ninja arts while accepting that fact that the Universe does not revolve around Me (although I think it probably should) Life is good, not easy, but good. Patience teaches us perspective suckas.... and sorry for the spat of seriousness, I promise to slink back into debauchery & sarcastically ill humor on my next post. & these posts are reminders for me, myself & I on my own introspections.... in no way are they aimed at others.

Peace foo's

Mr. Stanley

2 comments:

melissa said...

love you.

Ruby Villain said...

I want patience, and I want it NOW!