Thursday, November 5, 2009

The Reckoning


Let me first apologize for the sappiness that is about to come forth...For some reason this clip reminds me of my friends..... except the whiner girl at the end... she reminds me of stupidity (dainty dudes should never insult uneducated people with guns). Lately I find myself wishing my close friends were... well... closer. Though time zones and miles may separate the lot of us, I'm constantly reminded (and grateful) for the people that accompany me on this earthly adventure. Times are a'changin but one thing that hasn't is who I consider my true friends. Sure we all meet new people (I call them acquaintances until they earn the right to be called friend) in our separate lives but in all sincerity I've yet to find people I'll let get anywhere near as close as those I call my real friends. Heck some of you may not even know how or what I think of you but for me it's really not what someone says so much as what they do or are willing to do on your behalf (whether its to kick ass for you or kick your ass when it needs kickin). There's a handful of people in this world that might not be my relatives but, in my eyes, are blood to me. For some it's out of deep respect & bonds of friendship we have formed. For others it's the sincere gestures, honest advice, consolation, and love you've shown to myself or others with no ulterior motives or selfish intent. For all of you that I call my friends... I just want to say thanks for being who you are, were, and aspire to become, as well as helping me recognize my own potential. It's reassuring to know that so many noble & great people have been a part of my life and continue to be a part of it. I've had times where something so simple or just a few hours of shootin the breeze made a world of difference to me and I fully realize I suck at saying thanks. Other times I've reached out & you not only answered the call but brought the cavalry with you. I know I'm not the best friend in the world and apologize for my failings & stupidity but what I want most is for them to know that I'm YOUR best friend too. I've been thinking a lot lately & realized how kick-ass my friends really are. I don't say it enough but I love you all (I mean that in the creepiest way possible) and will do everything and anything I can to return the kindness/concern/love you've shown me. Just remember, I'm not rich yet so don't ask for money.... So friends: should you ever stand in need, all you need to do is ask....

Sincerely,

Matticus

2 comments:

Allyx and Dan said...

OH Matt, your friends are lucky to have you. You are awesome.

melissa said...

XOXOXO