Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Space time continuum

I always feel like I never have enough time. There's always more to do, not enough time to get everything done before other stuff comes up. I'm not complaining though, it's good to be busy & have things to do but sometimes I think I need a complete break from everything (vacation isn't an option right now) especially with the house, I have this huge list of to-do's and am currently tackling building a custom closet for the master & while it's light outside landscaping... the people that owned the house previously were the laziest gardeners EVER. On a side note.... read labels....especially when applying things like weed (and grass) killers... I accidentally nuked my entire backyard but on the bright side the whole backyard was one giant weed anyways. The awesome thing about having a Dad thats a master gardener is having a dad thats a master gardener... he's sat down & redesigned my yard with me & now we are amping up to start demolishing & rebuilding it to our specifications. It's going to have a lot less grass (makes it easier to maintain) and a lot more trees, shrubs, and cedar. I might end up having to lay sod over the whole darn thing because the existing grass is a mess & the yard is full of strange pits/lumps... it's like they had a caber toss or something... mowing is almost a contact sport. But yeah, if you can't tell I actually like this aspect of home ownership & look forward to having a badass looking yard that puts my neighbors to shame... or at least hopefully shames them into taking care of their lawns... but it's going to take a few weeks of after work slavery & weekend warrior marathons (as well as some $$ the trees I like are freakin expensive!) the interior of the house is thankfully in pretty good shape & I can hammer out most of that biz when it gets too hot outside to work. The other thing that I love is that it's all so distracting & keeps my mind off things that stress me out. Its therapeutic. The last 6months has been bonkers & I want to just purge it from my mind & this stuff is giving me an outlet to get everything back to the basics. Lately I've been missing my brothers that are far away & am looking forward to seeing them next month, I'm looking forward to going to see my cousin in NM in a few weeks, I'm looking forward to this summer... Life is good. My softball & soccer leagues started so I'm pumped to get outside & defend our title & hopefully do well in the soccer league as well. I am glad that I see what I have instead of what I lack... for some reason El Senor has mercy on this fool continually & I don't always feel like I deserve it. But I am grateful & need to be better about showing it. Church is still horribly boring but I find the peace & 3hours of mind clearing introspection refreshing. The last 12 months have taught me that Mick Jagger was right..*LISTEN*.... and I do way more than I realize/recognize... and speakin of the Rolling Stones... their old old stuff freakin rocks. And if you know what that picture above is from you are also freakin awesome.... peace homies.

No comments: